Thursday, July 22, 2010

Magnets

I made these for the magnet board that I made in my room. I love them! :) the tutorial is below.

For this project you will need clear stones (you will see what they look like... I don't really know what to call them haha), cute paper that you print off/pieces from a magazine to put behind the stone, magnets, super glue, and mod podge. You really do need mod podge for MANY projects, so you should buy it!

First print off the pictures (make sure they are sized right first so they are not too big or too small for the stone) and then place the stone on top and trace around it with a pencil. After you do that, cut on the lines.

Now paint a thin layer of mod podge on the flat side (the picture below has a little too much) and stick the paper onto the back face down and paint on another layer on top of the paper.

Once that dries, super glue a magnet to the back and your done. See? That was quick!


I made WAY more than this. If you want a copy of all the paper I used, just leave a comment so I can email it to you to use for your own magnets!!

I LOVE countdowns so I spelled out c-o-u-n-t-d-o-w-n, printed of some  things I was excited for on microsoft word, and the stones work perfect with dry erase markers so I put some cute paper behing the back and change the dates every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment